The Office of Recipient Rights insures that
consumers' rights are protected and maintained while they are receiving services at
Monroe Community Mental Health Authority.
As a consumer of MCMHA Services, you are guaranteed certain rights by law (Michigan Mental Health Code).
For example, you have the right to:
- Receive mental health services that meet your needs and receive
those services in a safe, sanitary and humane environment
- Know the benefits and consequences of the services being offered
- Be treated with dignity and respect when receiving services
- Be free from abuse or neglect
- Have your information kept confidential
More information about your rights can be found in the booklet titled
Your Rights When Receiving Mental Health Services in Michigan
This booklet is available upon request and a copy will be given to you when you
are seen for your first appointment at MCMHA.
If you have questions about your rights or have a complaint about the services provided
by MCMHA, please contact Customer Services or the Rights Office for assistance. The
following Advocacy Organizations are also available to assist you:
Links and Resources
Shelley Koyl - Recipient Rights Officer
Coy Hernandez - Recipient Rights Officer
(734) 243-7340 or (800) 886-7340.
Monroe Community Mental Health Authority
1001 South Raisinville Road
Monroe, MI 48161