- Family Support and Training gives assistance to family members caring for a relative with serious mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, or developmental disabilities.
- Home-Based Services for Children and Families offer individual services for each family, and include mental health therapy, crisis intervention, service coordination, and other supports to the family. All services are offered in-home or a location of your choosing.
- Wraparound Services for Children and Adolescents with serious emotional disturbance and their families that includes treatment and supports necessary to maintain the child in the family home
- Psychiatric Medicine. The purpose of medicine is to help a youth recover and function well at home, at school, in the community and with friends and family. One small pill cannot do this all by itself. That is why we never “just give medicine”. Some children recover with therapy. Others need both therapy and medicine.
- Intensive Crisis Stabilization Services (ICSS) are available for children and adolescents who are diagnosed with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) and/or Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), including Autism, or Co-occurring SED and Substance Use Disorder (SUD). A team can meet with you at your home, a hospital emergency department, or another community location to address a crisis situation in order to maintain the child/adolescents in their home. This service is available on a 24 hours/7 days a week basis. To request this service, please contact us at 800.886.7340 or 734.243.7340.
After a child or teen starts working with a therapist, the team may suggest an appointment with a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist will talk with the youth as well as the parents or guardians, and review school records and medical history. If the psychiatrist thinks medicine could help, he will explain the benefits and side effects. You and your child can both ask questions.
The psychiatrist is the expert on medicines, and you are the expert on your child. You do not have to decide right away. You can go home and think about it before you decide what to do.